Avant Garde Montessori School builds an inclusive, joyful community that ignites self-discovery through purposeful learning, inspiring children to embrace and challenge the world with compassion, resilience, and courage.
“We cannot create observers by saying 'observe', but by giving them the power and the means for this observation and these means are procured through education of the senses. “
Vision & Core values
AGMS will be recognized as a leader in education with innovative programs and facilities. Through the dedication of its faculty, families, and volunteers, AGMS will inspire future leaders to connect with and positively impact local and global communities throughout their lives.
At AGMS, we continually aspire to achieve excellence. We value and are committed to:
- upholding Maria Montessori’s philosophy and teaching methods
- providing individualized learning that supports the social, emotional, and academic development of the child within a multi-age environment
- promoting the mastery of fundamental skills and deep exploration
- nurturing curiosity by supporting the individual interests of students
- inspiring students to persevere through challenges individually and collaboratively
- empowering students to be independent, confident, and resourceful thinkers
- teaching students to appreciate oneself, the community, and the environment
- modeling and fostering integrity and civility
- embracing peace, challenging prejudice, and respecting diversity
“Our aim is not merely to make the child understand, and still less to force him to memorize, but so to touch his imagination as to enthuse him to his innermost core."
- Maria Montessori